Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Addicted to Red Bull


My sister sent me a package the other day, just because. She’s a freshman in college, going to school on the west coast. She, like the rest of my family, are much too far away...it’s weird to be done with college, in a new routine, and all of the sudden realize that you have this life somewhere completely different than the place you grew up and swore you’d stay forever.

This week, I started dedicated optimization training. Essentially what this means is that soon, I will be qualified to optimize AdWords accounts to help them reach their full potential. Depending on what the advertiser's goals are, this could mean anything from improving the client's ROI to simply driving more people to their website. The training that we're in now is to help ensure that my training class will be ready, starting Monday, to take on a more dedicated role working with developing one-on-one relationships with clients. To prepare, we’re in training from 9 to 6 every day this week. We're the first class to go through this training program in Ann Arbor, so it's exciting and new. So much to learn, so little time...

This year is going so incredibly fast--my start date in early October seems like it was last week, and already I've experienced so much. The AdWords program, the Mountain View office, the company ski trip...and in two weeks, we’re going back to San Francisco for a sales conference. To be honest, I really don’t know what the schedule is or what will be happening there, but I do know one thing: I am going to be performing an 80s song (which is being kept a secret until the date of the show) with 7 of my coworkers in front of potentially thousands of
Googlers. What was I thinking when I decided to head up the performance planning, you ask? No one knows. But we’ve begun the choreography, and it’s looking like it may be a show to remember.

Soon after we get back, we'll be moving into...our new office! It’s in the same general downtown area that we're located now, but it will be bigger and have even more of the Google perks that we’ve come to know, love, and appreciate. And we're getting a gym AKA now I have absolutely no excuse for being lazy and ditching the gym.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hi Stephanie,

My name is Jon, I am a Michigan grad, and am going to be having a pre-screen phone call with Google Ann Arbor next week for an Adwords Coordinator position. (Is this all sounding familiar?? :) )

I was hoping I could trade some emails back and forth with you in order to find out some more information about the position and to better prepare myself for what to expect with the job, and hiring process.

After reading your blog, I have only gotten more and more excited about the prospect of working for Google. I would really appreciate a chance to find out more from someone who is living it.

If you would be so kind, and have a little time to spare, please throw an email my way. I am sorry about contacting you through a blog comment, but I do not see your email listed anywhere on the blog.

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you,

Jon Lieberman
jonlieberman@gmail.com