Thursday, May 17, 2007

Googling....officially.


We had the official opening of our new office in Ann Arbor this morning, and for once in my life…I am speechless.

This morning, we listened to people like Governor Jennifer Granholm and David Fisher, the Vice President of Online Sales and Operations here at Google, speak about Google coming to Ann Arbor. We watched a video highlighting where the Ann Arbor office has been and where it is now, and I then realized that nothing that I can put into words could really describe life at Google.

The new office has everything that anyone could want in a workplace, and more. The Wii, a massage room, and every snack you can imagine…

Beyond the physical perks, my co-workers are welcoming, funny and smart people that are a pleasure to be around all day. I feel like I can be my loud, outgoing, jokester self around my co-workers without feeling silly, and that makes me comfortable and happy, ultimately making it easier do my job to the best of my ability. A memorable quote from today’s presentations was that Googlers are able to take their job seriously while not taking themselves too seriously – and I love that.

When it comes down to it, I really could not be any happier with my current situation. The opportunities as an Ann Arbor Googler are seemingly endless – and I consider myself incredibly lucky to be a part of the growth of the office. It has been pleasure writing about my experiences to date, from the hiring process to the office outings. I encourage everyone that I’ve had the ability to reach through this blog to check out the current job openings in the Ann Arbor office as well as other information about Google and working as a Googler. And, as always, please feel free to email me anytime in the future at sjduchaine.blog@gmail.com with any questions or thoughts that you have.

Again, it’s been a pleasure…and thanks for reading!

No comments: