Monday, March 12, 2007

Gotta Sleep it Off...

Well, even though I haven't been sick for a while, I couldn’t avoid getting sick this week. I’d forgotten how much it sucks. Maybe I should pay more attention to what the Google doctor says...

I hope that I recover by the sales conference -- and my karaoke debut! We’ve had a couple of practices so far, and they’ve been hilariously entertaining. It’s awesome to get to know your coworkers in a lighthearted environment where we’re together just for the fun of it. It should be even more interesting when we’re all crimping our hair and putting on our 80s gear.

I’ve recently been able to spend more and more time outside of work with my coworkers. It’s a young office, and everyone is upbeat and eager to not only work hard and get the office to the "next level," but also to have fun. It’s nice to have the professional and social parts of life blended just enough so that you think of your coworkers as friends. Because of this, we can not only enjoy each other’s company outside of work, but also work more productively together while in the office.

No comments: