Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Google = Life

Can I just say…I love these new themes for my personalized Google homepage. I have the ‘Tea House’ theme, featuring the cutest little dog/fox thing as he goes about his day with his friends. The ‘Tea House’ theme changes in accordance with your time zone. Love it. And the little fox thing is almost as cute as Fifi.

Sure, sure, I may be a little biased, but I love all of Google’s ‘extras.’ Along with homepage themes, a limited test of ‘GOOG-411 ’ was just announced. Lost? Need a phone number or address? You can now call 1-800-GOOG-411 for free local business information from Google Maps. Or, if you’re like me and text more than you call, you can use Google SMS.

Call it laziness, but I’m telling you – it was a great decision for me to get unlimited texts per month instead of paying per message. With Google SMS, you can text search queries to 466453, and you’ll receive a text back from Google with the best information we could find – from airline times to foreign language translations. Interested? Click here for more information and sample queries.

My cubemate brought her dog in yesterday – adorable. The longer that I work at Google, the more my life feels almost surreal. I worked hard to get where I am, but I feel like I was given an opportunity that can’t be matched. Dogs hanging around the office, free food, massage chairs, and the best office atmosphere of all time…

1 comment:

Mike Forster said...

Quit making me jealous. Thanks for the heads-up about the google theme, though. You guys seemingly can do no wrong.